Foods during the last few week of competition prep can be pretty bland 🙁 To make sure I stick to my diet, I need to come up with new ways to eat to basic foods I’ve been living on for the last few weeks. I experienced a sudden episode of cooking motivation the other night and had a great idea! It wasn’t that I was craving pasta, but I was craving something other than plain baked chicken & green veggies! I came up with the idea of using a green smoothie, as pasta sauce. Using Slim Noodles (0 carb & 0 fat) so they’re sure to fit even the most strict diet!
It tasted great! Here’s the recipe that I came up with. Have a read and if there’s anything you can’t have, you can easily substitute 🙂
- Leafy greens such as baby spinach &/or kale
- Approx 15 fresh basil leaves
- About 1 1/2 Avocados
- 2 Grated zucchinis
- Garlic (to taste)
- Chilli (to taste)
- Stock or water to get the consistency you’re after (I used about 1/2 -1 cup)
- 700 gms – 1kg Diced chicken breast
- Mushrooms (or any other veg you like)
- 2 packets organic Slim Pasta
- Place all dry green sauce ingredients into food processor.
- Blend until almost a paste
- Add avocado & liquid (water or stock) & blend until creamy
- Set aside
- Cook Slim Noodles as per directions and set aside (make sure to rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process)
- Cook chicken anyway you like. I simply browned it in a frying pan
- Add sauce to chicken & stir
- Add noodles to chicken and stir
- Leave it to lightly simmer for around 5 minutes. The noodles need a little time to soak up the flavour of the sauce. Otherwise they’ll taste like cardboard…
- You’re ready to serve!